Canadian Law Jobs For Foreigners & Locals
Canadian Law Jobs: There are some available Law jobs in Canada and if you think you are very qualified for them, you can apply. But first, read on to find out some vital details.
Hiring Organization Lerners LLP
Post Name Legal Assistant/Law Clerk – Litigation
Qualification Master’s Degrees in Law
Employment Type Full Time
Time of Work 8 hours
Salary Between CAD 25 and 28 CAD Per Hour
Location London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4G4
There are offices located in London, Toronto, Strathroy in Strathroy, Toronto, and Kitchener, Lerners provides a complete variety of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners provides a pleasant working environment, with superior support and modern technology.
Furthermore, Lerners’ employees are able to enjoy an energetic work environment as well as an environment that is supportive and collaborative. The positions we offer are best for those who are passionate about their work and recognize the importance of providing exceptional customer service.
Lerners’ London office has the opportunity to hire a full-time Legal Assistant/Law clerk to support the Litigation practice.
The principal responsibilities of this position include:
– General administration of files from open to close, which includes intake, conflict check the preparation of retainers, instructions, as well as the primary point of contact between the team and the client.
– Scheduling appointments, conference calls, discoveries, etc.
– Digital file management (DMS along with Primafact).
– Communication with clients.
– Assisting in making and filing electronically court documents (e.g. the pleadings, trial record motion documents, bookmarking in the Kofax PDF).
– Assisting in the preparation, and distribution/service of mediation memos and motion records.
– The preparation and arrangement of documents to be used in service.
– A lawyer’s calendar must be maintained and a well-functioning BF System.
– The preparation for all the accounts.
– Invoices to be paid, requests for cheques, or requesting limitations.
– Sending letters to lawyers and clients.
Experience with Vaselines and Primafact is an asset in this job
The ideal candidate for this job must have 5 or more years of work expertise as a Legal Assistant/Law Clerk who is involved in litigation and should be able to work both independently and as working as part of a team, focused on providing exceptional service to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational writing and communications skills, as well as be adept at multitasking.
Training and benefits:
Our experienced Learning and Development team provides continuous training and support for every firm member. Lerners is proud to provide the most competitive compensation and benefits package
1. Health, Extended Health Dental, and Vision care.
2. LTD insurance.
3. Life insurance.
4. Parking/Transit reimbursement.
5. RRSP Matching Program.
6. Paid Volunteer Time.
7. Referral Bonus.
8. Employee Assistance Program.
– Devoted: committed to a task or task with dedication, loyalty, or honesty.
– Details-Oriented: The ability to complete an assignment with all the necessary details to complete the task efficiently.